If you’re hitting the trails, we’ve put a list together of some of our favorites to help you get outside.
- The Foothills Trail is great for bikes, skates and walking, plus it has a soft shoulder path for equestrians. Be sure to check out the scenic views of Mt. Rainier on the Orting and Carbon River section of the trail!
- Cushman Trail is a highly accessible 6.2 mile trail featuring seating, several restrooms and 4 convenient onsite parking locations.
- Cushman 360 Trails have a variety of paths for walkers, equestrians and mountain bikers with picnic tables and benches throughout.
- Nisqually Wildlife Refuge is a protected estuary habitat; this time of year you’ll hear bird songs fill the air!
- County Bike Trail Map is a 13-part downloadable map identifying on and off-road facilities, trails, steep grades and more.
- Chambers Bay Reopening is an exciting time for golfers and nature-lovers alike! The new greens are sodded wtih poa annua, the predominant golf grass of the Northwest.